Updated July 2022.
The province of Girona has always been known for the quality of its cuisine and restaurants, but we all know that, for a few years under, with the leadership of Ferran Adrià, our cuisine has become a world leader. This leadership is currently followed by the Roca brothers, who have placed their restaurant as the second worldwide. The Roca brothers restaurant has occupied the second position as the second best restaurant in the world for 6 years (2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2018 and 2019) and during 2013 and 2015 has occupied the first position (according to the British magazine Restaurant).
Often we wonder how many Michelin star restaurants we have in the province of Girona and the answer is 13. Specifically in Girona we have 18 Michelin stars spread over 13 restaurants, so Girona becomes the province that has accumulated more Michelin stars per capita. Here we present the full list:
Restaurants in Girona with 3 Michelin stars:
- El Celler de Can Roca, Girona. Gironès. www.cellercanroca.com
Restaurants in Girona with 2 Michelin stars:
- Les Cols, Olot. Garrotxa. www.lescols.com
- Miramar, Llançà. Alt Empordà. www.restaurantmiramar.com
- Bo·Tic, Corçà. Baix Empordà. www.bo-tic.com
Restaurants in Girona with 1 Michelin star:
- Massana, Girona. Gironès. www.restaurantmassana.com
- Els Tinars, Llagostera. Gironès. www.elstinars.com
- Empòrium, Castelló d’Empúries. Alt Empordà. www.emporiumhotel.com
- L'Aliança 1919, Anglès, La Selva. www.alianca1919.com
- La cuina d'en Simón, Tossa de Mar. Baix Empordà. www.restaurantcansimon.com
- Les Magnolies, Arbúcies. La Selva. www.lesmagnolies.com
- Fonda Xesc, Gombrèn. Ripollès. www.fondaxesc.com
- Ca l'Enric, La Vall de Bianya. La Garrotxa. www.restaurantcalenric.es
- Castell Peralada, Peralada. Alt Empordà. www.castellperaladarestaurant.com
Below we have prepared a map with the location of all Michelin star restaurants in Girona that we have mentioned above. We hope you find it useful and you enjoy these little temples of gastronomy. A weekend in the best local charming houses in Girona and Costa Brava and a good meal with a star! What else can you ask for?