During these 10 years, we have grown Naturaki, helping rural tourism owners to professionalize the management of their accommodation, and customers to find the best houses easily and without surprises.
The company was formally founded on January 25, 2011, but its origin was developed for years and what you know today, is the set of a series of coincidences that are the result of a great effort, a great team and a lot of will to move on.
How was Naturaki born?The founders are Narcís and Carme: brothers, friends and partners. From an early age, they share a very curious passion: going to see houses, admiring them and observing all their details. Narcís had planned to study architecture or interior design and Carme had dedicated herself to sales or tourism, but the paths led them to live other life experiences until they reached Naturaki.
Narcís, since 2001 has been working on websites through comexus.net where his speciality was rural tourism. He always complained about the same thing: "rural tourism needs to professionalize". The business worked and in 2007 he finished building a house to live in, but he was there for a short time. He had it closed for a while longer, and as the crisis deepened he began to rent it occasionally as a holiday rental. Rural tourism customers complained that with the crisis their reservations had dropped a lot and that the website service was too expensive. So, to some of them -once Naturaki was already created- he proposed that instead of paying for the website, he would take care of managing the reservations and charge a commission only based on the sales that were able to generate.
At the same time, Carme was working in the hotel sector on the Costa Brava for a few summers, enjoying and learning how to deal with people when they went on holiday and seeing their needs. She always repeated herself: “the client is on holiday enjoying his limited free time and we are lucky that he has chosen our hotel to stay. Making their experience unique is, in part, my responsibility". After that and combining it with her degree, she was two years working as a commercial in the sector of the hotel trade acquiring an ample experience in the negotiation, loyalty of clients and attention to the suppliers. With this combination, Carme was able to better understand the needs of both the end customer and the suppliers. During the summer of 2010 she was managing reservations as she prepared to embark on an intense trip to Asia that she had long planned, with a one way ticket.
Already in Catalonia, after a meeting between the two on them, a December afternoon at the Terra bar in Girona, they agreed that, after Christmas holidays, they would create the company and start working together.
How has Naturaki grown?During the first 3 years, Naturaki was formed only by the 2 founding partners: Narcís and Carme. They answered the phone, emails, received customers at the houses, did the cleaning, maintenance, the web, advertising, photos, reservations, accounting...
In 2021 we started with a team of 12 people: customer service staff, content, administration, photography and cleaning staff apart from all the external and industrial professionals who regularly work with us.
We have experienced great changes in technology and lifestyle that have made us evolve and innovate constantly:
- We've gone from cell phones to call and text to smartphones.
- From booking by phone through a printed guide to doing everything online and via mobile.
- We have seen companies disappear from the sector and we have seen others putting all their efforts into having part of the pie (when we were born, Booking only advertised hotels and Airbnb had just been founded and was not yet in Spain).
- From the recent creation of Facebook when we were born to the current migration of users to Instagram and Tik Tok.
- We finished 2011 with 4 houses and in 2021 we started with 81.
- We started sharing office with another company and a from a few years ago we had our own office and a warehouse.
- At the beginning we managed the reservations with an Excel and a Din-A3 and for years we have been developing our own management system based on the needs of the owners and customers.
We have always stood by the owners and customers:
- We have helped the owners to solve a need: for someone to take over the day-to-day management and occupy their houses all year with close customers and also with customers from all over the world. We have achieved all this without ceasing to innovate, through the best technology, marketing and the best customer service.
- We have helped customers by choosing TOP houses. With maximum transparency, without surprises, advising and transforming the best houses in Girona and the Costa Brava and providing them with the way to book them.
- Together, with your opinions, the effort of the owners and our tireless desire to find and maintain the best houses in the province, we have achieved a 9.4 average rating of our accommodations.
We have managed to create a community of loyal customers who continue to trust us year after year:
- + of 30% of repeat customers.
- + of 18.000 followers on social media.
- + of 8.700 real opinions on our website.
We have brought our territory closer to the world:
- + of 1.000.000 web visits in the last year.
- + of 136.000 people housed these 10 years.
- + of 55 different nationalities among our clients.
We have helped to recover and make profitable part of our exceptional heritage:
- + of 80 houses in exclusive management.
- + of 240 owners advised for the recovery of our houses heritage.
- + of 400 local trade recommendations on the web.
- + of 70 proposals and locations on our blog.
The future of Naturaki
For the future, we have many open paths:
- Continue to grow in our area: with the quality that characterises us, but with different formats -as you often ask us- (seafront apartments, houses in the mountains, on the coast...).
- Expand to other provinces: we are in love with the Delta and the coast of Tarragona, Lleida, the rural area of the province of Barcelona, the Maresme...
- Expand to other communities: Balearic Islands, Andalusia, Galicia, Basque Country...
- Expand to other countries: French Provence, remote villages in Greece, Portugal, Italian Tuscany...
All this has been, is and will be possible thanks to all of you! Thank you, thank you and more thank you!
We share the video we made to celebrate these 10 years!