Disconnect in the holiday cotteges of Barcelonès
Who said you can't rest in the Barcelonès region?
If you don't like to go far from the city, but at the same time you need a bit of disconnection that allows you to renew your energy, staying in the holiday cottages of Barcelonès is a great idea.
Find out why!
- The holiday cottages of the Barcelonès offer you peace of mind. If you are looking for accommodation in Collserola or in the forest, you will be away from the hustle and bustle of traffic and noise.
- You will have close and distant contact with nature. Looking for a rural house in the capital of Catalonia, but close to green areas will bring you peace. You will be able to go hiking, cycling or take a leisurely stroll.
- You will gain incredible space. Many holiday cottages tend to have spacious grounds, with barbecue areas and swimming pools. Enjoying all this with nature and the city so close is an unbeatable feeling!
A small taste of the Barcelonès region
The area has a very high population density. In fact, one of the highest in all of Catalonia. This also means there is a lot to do! And not only in the city. In the Serra de Collserola there are magnificent places to get lost. Also enjoy the kilometers of beaches on the Barcelonès coast, where you can practice water sports, or simply listen to the sea and sunbathe.
Of course, take the opportunity to do everything the big city allows you. Visit the iconic monuments, sign up for the cultural proposals that excite you the most. Try any type of gastronomy, you will find all kinds of restaurants! Stroll through the unique neighborhoods or discover quiet streets outside the city center.
Enjoy the five towns of Barcelonès during your stay in rural accommodation
Now it's time to discover the beauty of the holiday cottages in Barcelonès! Despite being an area where the urban landscape predominates, the rural accommodations are hidden gems. See everything you can do in the municipalities where they are located!
The capital of Catalonia speaks for itself, it hardly needs an introduction. It is a cosmopolitan city, where you will find charming corners full of history.
Despite having a reputation for being very populated, there are places that are more like a small town than a big city. The essentials of Barcelona during your stay in a magnificent rural accommodation are:
- The Gòtic quarter: the oldest, you will find beautiful narrow streets and the Pont del Bisbe.
- The Born district: full of cafes and restaurants, you cannot miss a visit to the Basilica of Santa Maria del Mar.
- The Sagrada Família: Antoni Gaudí's still unfinished masterpiece is equally impressive and worth seeing.
- The Illa de la Discordia and Passeig de Gràcia: you will find bars, restaurants, and shops of all kinds, as well as a large number of modernist houses and buildings.
- The Catedral: a great Gothic jewel, you can go up to the terrace and admire incredible views.
- The Rambles and the Portal de l'Ángel: in the Rambles you will find various artists, and in the Portal de l'Ángel any shop you need.
- The Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau: declared world heritage, it is an exquisite modernist piece.
- La Barceloneta: it was an old fishing district, today it still retains a bit of this charm, between its beaches, the W Hotel and outdoor gyms.
- Park Güell: also the work of Antoni Gaudí, surprises anyone with its undulating sculptures, fountains and vaults, inspired by nature.
- The Búnkers del Carmel: on Turó de la Rovira, in the Carmel neighborhood, offer magnificent views of the city.
The pace is already slowing down in Badalona, compared to its neighbor and capital. It is a place that provides oxygen, because its beaches are quieter, the streets also offer things to discover and people to talk to. An example is Carrer del Mar, a pedestrian avenue with popular shops and restaurants. If you follow this street into the city, you will find the town hall and enter the Dalt de la Vila district. This is the old center of the city, with the church of Santa Maria and the Roman theater.
To get to know Badalona a little more, you can still spend a pleasant time on its beaches, which are less crowded than those of the surrounding cities. Close to the coast is the Anís del Mono factory. And, of course, you can't miss the famous Pont del Petroli.
Hospitalet de Llobregat
On the other side of Barcelona, in the southwest, is Hospitalet de Llobregat, one of the five towns of Barcelonès. Despite being a rather residential town, coming from the rural house where you are staying will surprise you, as there are several things to discover. Stroll through its historic center and visit buildings such as the New Church of Santa Eulàlia de Provençana. Visit the parks, full of greenery and shade, or the popular Collblanc market, full of fresh and local products.
If you want to get away from the big crowds, but visit places of interest, go to Santa Coloma de Gramenet. The citizens themselves highly value their Major church, built by Francisco d'Assís Berenguer, Gaudí's disciple. In addition, you can take advantage of the sun with a nice walk along the river Besòs, on the promenade, or take it easy in Can Zam park. If you want to go shopping in this Barcelonès city, go to the Rambla de Sant Sebastià. But if you prefer to enjoy impressive views, go up to the viewpoint of Can Franquesa.
Sant Adrià del Besòs
You will be surprised by everything Sant Adrià del Besòs has to offer you. This city of Barcelonès, neighbor of Barcelona, Badalona and Santa Coloma de Gramenet, is divided in two by the river that gives it its name. It has a great cultural and commercial offer, also marked by its proximity to other towns. And, needless to say, the importance of the sea cannot be overlooked. Stay in the holiday cottages of Barcelonès to visit and learn about the river park of Besòs.
Enjoy the Serra de Collserola and the holiday cottages you will find there
Sandwiched between the Besòs and Llobregat rivers, the Serra de Collserola is a unique green space in the Barcelonès region. Calm breathing! But it is also a place where you can carry out various activities. Imagine how nice it will be to stay in the holiday cottages and be able to enjoy this!
You will find the hermitage of Sant Adjutori, archaeological remains of the Iberian town of Ca n'Oliver, fountains and spectacular nature where you can go hiking and mountain biking. And, of course, the wonderful Tibidabo amusement park. Its name comes from the highest peak in the range, Tibidabo, at 515 m. Coming to spend the vacations in holiday cottages in Barcelonès is a good bet!